I made this app for my own personal use, not being to happy with similar apps already available.
I wanted something simple, basically an app acting like a button to turn on/off the LED flash of the camera. Nothing more, nothing less. And this app is the result of that.
When I decided to start publishing/moving my apps to the Google Play™ Store, I figured this simple app will be perfect for a hands-on approach to learning the process of publishing there.
The app is simple, no ads, no tricks, no using of unnecessary permissions.
Keep in mind, the app only works if your phone/tablet has a back facing camera with flash.
7.0 and up
- dropped support for Android 6
- some minor tweaks
- dropped support for Android 5.1
- removed camera permissions, they were only needed on Android 5.1 and older
The policy itself remains unchanged, we just moved our website to a new address.
- optimizations for devices with Android 9.0 and higher
- tweaked permissions support for Android 6.0 and higher
- dropped support for Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0
- added support for runtime permissions on devices running Android 6 and newer
- added round app icon for supported devices with Android 7
- added adaptive app icon for devices running Android 8 and newer
- other minor improvements
- optimized error handling
- app crashes if the camera is not available for some reason
- app crashes if TORCH mode is not available for the camera's flash
- replaced the old classic menu with buttons on the flashlight
- added official support for tablets
- added localization for French and Spanish
- in the "About" screen, added link to my page in the store